Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
View All Posts
Posted on July 1, 2018 at 11:58 PM by Craig Johnson
“What’s New in County 22?”
This month in my article, I would like to inform the public of a couple of fund raising events our office will be involved with. The first one is the Annual Garnavillo Firecracker Run/Walk event that is held in Garnavillo each year on the 4th of July to support funding for the Clayton County K-9 Unit. Raven has been with us for 4 years and does tremendous work in locating narcotics and searches. The Run/Walk starts at 7am and costs $25 per person that includes a t-shirt. If you have an interest in joining us for the Run/Walk or would just like to donate, please contact K-9 Deputy Matt Moser at (email@example.com).
The second event is a “Driving Out Sexual Violence” Golf Outing. This event is being held July 28th, 2018 at the Guttenberg Golf course and hosted by the Clayton County Sexual Assault Response Team (SART). It is an 18 Hole - 4 person best shot with lunch and prizes. Tee off at 10am. The cost is $50 per person and $200 per team. Contact Sgt. Brent Ostrander at (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call him at (563)880-9093 if you have an interest in joining or would just like to donate.
Areas of fundraising focus:
• Provide a better response to survivors of sexual assault and abuse through
core team training
• Provide education, training and prevention to local school districts, businesses
• Provide hotel stays to survivors fleeing to safety
• Provide resources to ensure a survivor maintains their dignity through the
• Provide specialized equipment for responders
• 88 reported crimes of sexual abuse and solicitation of a child/minor in past 5
• 63% of all cases involve a child 15 years of age or younger
• 33% of reported cases result in criminal charges
• Over 85% successful prosecution rate
CDC 2010 National Partner and Sexual Violence Survey:
Sexual violence victimization other than rape (coercion or unwanted sexual contact)
Rape is the most under-reported crime; 63% of sexual assaults are not reported to police.
Only 12% of child sexual abuse is reported to the authorities.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact me anytime, e-mail me at email@example.com, or stop by to see me.